- Readers Rating
- No Rating Yet!
- Your Rating
One of the easiest ways to transform your wedding reception, corporate event, birthday party, or fundraiser into London’s top cocktail scene is by hiring a bartender or mixologist to delight your guests with their master moves and mouth-watering cocktail creations.
Perfect for both casual events and formal affairs, bartenders add flair to any party, and if you’d like to hire one for your next social gathering, you’ll find everything you need to know about Bartender Cost London in our guide below.
Top Tips Choosing a Bartender for Your Party
A bartender is a bartender, right? Wrong! Bartending is a specialist field, and if whether you are looking for a classic barman (or woman) to serve drinks at your engagement party or a flair bartender to put on a show at your next corporate event, you’ll find them all available to hire in London.
- BARTENDER:If you are looking to hire a barman to serve beer, spirits, wine, and soft drinks, but no cocktails, the standard Bartender should be your number #1 choice. Smart, professional, and always on the ball, they will ensure your guest’s glasses are always topped up while effectively managing the bar to keep all glasses clean and drinks chilled.
- COCKTAIL ‘MIXOLOGIST’ BARTENDER: Cocktail bartenders add the wow-factor to parties and events; making them a popular choice for wedding receptions, corporate events, and of course, cocktail parties. Masters in blending spirits, syrups, juices, and bitters, and experts in shaking up signature cocktail creations, they open up a whole new world of flavours that will keep your guest coming back for more.
- FLAIR BARTENDER: Often referred to as the crème de la crème of bartenders, Flair Bartenders are the entertainers of the bar-keeping world, specialising in bottle tricks, pouring techniques, and juggling everything from ice cubes to shot glasses. They certainly know how to put on a show, and if you want your bar to be the main focus of your party, a Flair Cocktail Bartender will help you achieve your goal.
How Much Does it Cost to Hire a Bartender in London?
So now you know what bartender options are available in London, you can set about hiring one for your next party or event. But before you do that, you should know that bartenders are available to hire with or without bar equipment (glasses, mixers, etc).
If you are hiring a venue with a fully-stocked bar, complete with glassware and mixing equipment, then an independent bartender may be the perfect choice for your event. But if you only have a venue, with no bar, glassware, or equipment, then you may need to hire a bartender with full bar service.
So how much do bartenders cost in London? Here you’ll find a list of average prices listed by professionals in the city:
- Standard Bartender (without glasses and equipment): £10 – £20 per hour
- Standard Bartender (with glasses and equipment): £40 – £50 per hour
- Cocktail Bartender (without glasses and equipment): £25 – £35 per hour
- Cocktail Bartender (with glasses and equipment): £50 – £70 per hour
- Flair Bartender (without glasses and equipment): £30 – £40 per hour
- Flair Bartender (with glasses and equipment): £75 – £100 per hour
- Mobile Bar Hire (Dry): from £199 plus delivery
- Mobile Bar Hire (Fully Stocked): from £99 plus delivery + drinks costs
One of the easiest ways to find an event bartender in the city is with an online platform like Mammalo that will connect you to hundreds of professionals in your local area in an instant.
How To Save Money on Bartender Costs
If you love the idea of hiring a bartender for your next event but are worried about the overall costs, here are some top tips on how to save money and get your bartender for less:
- Know Your Numbers: You should calculate one bartender for every 40 guests, and so the more people you invite, the more bartenders you are going to need. Keep this in mind when preparing your guest list.
- Reduce Hours: Do you need a cocktail bartender on hand all night? If not, consider hiring them for just three or four hours, rather than the entire evening, and you could save yourself a fortune.
- Hire a Venue with a Fully Stocked Bar: Renting glassware and bar equipment will soon bump up your bartending costs, so hire a venue that already has everything in place. That way, you’ll only need to hire the bartender for a fixed hourly or nightly fee.
- Stick to 3 or 4 Drinks: The more cocktails you add to your drinks menu, the busier your bartender is going to be, so keep it simple with three or four cocktail choices, supplemented with wine and beer for those who prefer their drinks neither shaken nor stirred!