Best Wedding Venues In London
You’ve found the one, set the date, and now it’s time to get down to the nitty-gritty of booking your wedding venue, but what are the Best Wedding Venues in London and how do you go about booking them?
In this Complete Guide to London’s Wedding Venues, we’ll help you find the perfect space for your special day, and give you top tips on how to secure your dream wedding venue before your date gets snapped up by other couples in the region.
London Wedding Venues for Intimate Ceremonies and Grand Affairs
So what are the best places to get married in London? Well, it all comes down to personal preference. The capital boasts some of the coolest, chicest, and most luxurious wedding reception venues in the country, with both contemporary spaces and stately buildings to suit every budget and taste.
Whether you are looking for a cheap London wedding venue for a small family get-together or a complete wedding package at a London hotel, we’ll help you find the perfect spot for a truly unforgettable wedding day.
So grab your wedding planner, and let’s begin!
Iconic Wedding Venues in London
As one of the most iconic capital cities in the world, London boasts more than a few iconic wedding venues for your ceremony and reception.
- The Orangery at Kensington Palace: Often described as London’s most exclusive wedding venue, the Orangery at Kensington Palace has hosted more than a few Kings and Queens over the years. You can tie the knot here and host up to 1,000 guests at your wedding reception, so why not be Royalty for a day. Limited dates are available. Book 2-years in advance.
- The Savoy Hotel: As London’s most iconic hotel, The Savoy will provide a luxurious backdrop for your big day. Timeless, glamorous, and the epitome of elegance, it is the perfect choice for those who are looking for a London wedding venue with accommodation. Book at least 18-months in advance.
- The Museum of London: For history lovers and those in search of something just a little bit different, the Museum of London might just be for you. This venue is available for both the wedding ceremonies and receptions and is located in central London, just a stone’s throw from St Paul’s cathedral. With rooms suitable for small events to those which could cater for lavish affairs, this museum would work for many.
- Hampton Court Palace: Another venue steeped in amazing history, this stunning Tudor palace is certain to impress whether you are looking to enjoy an extravagant occasion or something a little more intimate. It is even possible to throw a banquet in the Great Hall; one that is as spectacular as Henry VIII himself would have enjoyed. Although a little on the pricy side, if you are willing to splash out on your dream location, this could certainly make the grade.
Trendy Wedding Venues London
If you are more trendy than traditional, you’ll probably want a trendy wedding venue in London to match your personality.
- Get Married at The Groucho Club: If you are looking for a truly unique wedding venue, you’ll find it at the Groucho Club in Soho. This private members’ club now opens its doors to non-members as a licenced wedding venue, and can host up to 300 of your faves in the gorgeous vaulted glass ceiling restaurant. Book 1-year in advance.
- Searcys at The Gherkin: When it comes to London wedding venues, Searcys at the top of The Gherkin is hard to beat. You can say your ‘I dos’ with a 360 degree of London below you, before partying the night away with the city lights as your backdrop. Book at least 9-months in advance.
- Cutty Sark, Greenwich: Have you considered that a wedding does not need to necessarily take place within a building? The Cutty Sark could be an incredible place in which to marry. Imagine saying ‘I do’ whilst standing on the deck of one of history’s most famous ships. What amazing photographs you could have in your wedding album. The venue works with a range of exceptional providers to ensure that your day is as perfect as possible, from flowers to catering.
Quirky Wedding Venues London
London is the home of ‘quirky’ and so it has more than a few quirky wedding venues to host your special day.
- Bluebird Restaurant Chelsea: Break away from tradition with a quirky wedding celebration at the Bluebird Restaurant on King’s Road, West London. Offering a choice of art deco rooms for wedding ceremonies and receptions, this Grade II listed building offers something for everyone. Book at least 1-year in advance.
- The Rosendale: Looking for a pub wedding venue in London? The Rosendale could be it! The perfect choice for brides and grooms who are looking for a relaxing and intimate wedding reception venue, this Victorian Inn in the leafy suburbs of Dulwich can cater for up 120 guests. Book 9-months in advance.
- The Zetter Townhouse: Nestled away in central east London, the Zetter Townhouse is perfect for those couples searching for something quirky. With the choice of a small do for around 12 people or exclusive hire of the entirety of this Georgian townhouse, for up to 120 guests, this venue is a true hidden gem. The interiors boast a range of collectables, antiques and even some unusual taxidermy items. With a fabulous restaurant team on hand to prepare a delectable array of treats for the wedding breakfast or evening snacks, there are many things to like about the place.
- Kachette: Located in one of the trendiest areas of London, Shoreditch, Kachette is the former ticket hall for the old Shoreditch railway station. With its exposed brickwork and rigging, Kachette has a true warehouse/industrial vibe to it. This venue is a truly memorable place in which to be wed. With seating for up to 60 guests in arch 1, Kachette is perfect for an intimate do in a quirky location. A larger number of guests can be accommodated across both arches.
Luxury Wedding Venues London
When it comes to luxury wedding venues London doesn’t disappoint! It homes some of the most luxurious wedding ceremony and reception venues in the world for those with an unlimited wedding budget.
- Claridges, Mayfair: Add Claridges to your wedding invitations and your guests will know that they are invited to the wedding of the year! With its Art Deco interior, superior accommodations, and bespoke menu options, Claridges is the most luxurious wedding venue in London, and with an in-residence choreographer to make sure your first dance is one to remember, it caters to all your wedding needs. Book 2-years in advance.
- Mandarin Oriental, Knightsbridge: If you are looking for a luxury wedding venue near Hyde Park, London’s most famous hotel, the Mandarin Oriental, should be your number #1 choice. It offers the most exquisite gold ballroom, a private Royal entrance, and access to the capitals best wedding florists, photographers, stationers, and toastmasters. Book 2-years in advance.
Dog-Friendly Wedding Venues London
If you cannot bear the thought of tying the knot without your beloved pooch at your side, you’ll be pleased to know that several pet-friendly wedding venues in London cater to brides, grooms, and their four-legged friends.
- Hotel Café Royal, Regent Street: It might be London’s most glamorous wedding venue, but it’s also pet-friendly. Book 1-year in advance.
- The Rosewood: An enchanting heritage property, the Rosewood London is a Grade II listed building in the heart of the capital. It’s one of the most beautiful dog-friendly wedding venues in London. Book 1-year in advance.