History Tutoring Prices London
One of the easiest ways to prepare for the future is by learning about the past with history lessons that teach us the historical events that shaped our world today, such as the First World War, the Second World War, the Russian Revolution, the American Revolution, the Great Depression, and more recently, the Fall of the Berlin Wall.
As history lessons are often limited to just an hour a week in British schools, many people choose to supplement their learning with private history lessons, and if you are keen to find out more, you’ll find everything you need to know about learning history in the city with our Complete Guide to History Tutoring Prices London.
Find the best local history tutor that meets your needs and your budget with Mammalo.
Why Study History?
History is one of those subjects you either love or hate at school. While some people feel that learning about the past is a waste of time, others believe that by understanding the successes and failures of historical events, we can shape a better future, and so it’s all down to the individual.
One thing is for sure, a history degree opens up many doors in the professional world, and whether you want to be a geographer, a teacher, an anthropologist, an archivist, a politician, or even a lawyer, a master’s in history will help you achieve your career goals.
How Much Does History Tuition Cost in London?
At the time of writing, the average cost of history lessons in London is £25 – £35 per hour, depending on various factors such as location in the city, academic level, number of lessons booked at any one time, and tutor experience.
To calculate more accurate costs for your history lessons, you should consider:
- Study Level: There are numerous history courses available in London, from children’s history lessons up to master’s degrees, and so you need to determine what level you want to study before you can budget for your lessons.
- Tutor Experience: The more experienced your history tutor is, the more expensive your lessons are likely to be, and so if you do not need a university lecturer to help you pass your history GCSE, chose an undergraduate specialised in the field of history you are studying instead.
- Private or Group Lessons? Are you looking for one-to-one history lessons, or are you happy to study as part of a group? Private tutoring delivers faster results, and so it is ideal for anyone studying for their history GCSE, A-Level, or Degree, but it costs considerably more than group lessons, so it’s all about weighing up the pros and cons.
- How Many History Lessons Do You Need? Are you looking for a career in history, or do you just need a little extra help for an upcoming exam? Most history tutors will offer you a discount if you book weekly or monthly lessons, so discuss your goals with them, and ask them to suggest a learning schedule that meets your needs and budget.
- Location: Are you happy to travel to your history lessons, or do you want your tutor to come to you? Your teacher will most likely charge an additional fee for their travelling expenses if they come out to you, so if you prefer the home tutoring option, try to find a history teacher near you to save on extra costs.
- What Field of History You Want to Study: There are many different fields in the world of history, with Modern History, Latin History, Ancient History, and European History, but to name a few. If you are studying a particular filed, you should make sure your history tutor specialises in that field, or you could find that you are both learning together!
How to Save Money on History Tuition Costs
The best place to find a local history tutor that meets your needs and your budget is with an online marketplace such as Mammalo.
Other areas you can save on history tuition costs include:
- Supplementing your private history lessons with online history courses
- Joining a history study group at your local library
- Booking and paying for your history lessons in bulk
- Visiting the Natural History Museum, the Science Museum, the Imperial War Museum, and the Museum of London. They are all free to enter, and many offer world-class exhibitions
- Attending the various history events that take place in and around London each year
- Asking for a discount. There are many private history tutors available in London, so shop around for the best price and don’t be afraid to ask for a discount. If you don’t ask you don’t get!
As Sir Terence David John Pratchett OBE once said, “If you do not know where you come from, then you don’t know where you are, and if you don’t know where you are, then you don’t know where you’re going. And if you don’t know where you’re going, you’re probably going wrong.”
So make sure you know where you came from, and where you are going, with history lessons in London.