If waxing is your chosen method of hair removal, you’ll need a treatment every 4-6 weeks to stay smooth. So, make sure the experience is as pleasant as possible by choosing a professional!
Are you looking for a waxing expert in London?
Luckily there is no shortage of waxing experts in London, whether you’re looking for an eyebrow wax or a full body wax.
A deep dive into British beauty secrets by business insurer Hiscox reveals that Londoners splurge the most on beauty treatments. The median spend is £120 a month and more than a quarter of Londoners spend over £500 a month. That’s a major contrast with the rest of the country who spend just over £96 a month on average.
Furthermore, compared with other regions, the price of a beauty treatment like waxing is least important among Londoners (36%) when choosing a salon.
What are the benefits of waxing?
Waxing is one of the best hair removal methods once you overcome your embarrassment!
The top 6 benefits of waxing
- Less regrowth in between appointments – Regrowth usually takes three to four weeks, the average time that goes by between waxing appointments. On the other hand, when you shave the hair grows much quicker as the razor is only cutting the hair shaft on the skin’s surface.
- Hair regrowth will be finer and sparser – this is because waxing tears hair off from the root, which causes the hair follicle to get weaker over time. Weak hair follicles produce finer, sparser hair. However, genetics still determines most of the characteristics of your hair, such as coarseness, colour and how quickly it grows. Don’t expect dramatic change from coarse to fine in a couple appointments. It will take some time to see a substantial change.
- Your skin will be less prone to inflammation – repeated shaving can lead to inflammation and discoloration. The latter happens because the skin reacts to inflammation by becoming thicker, and melanocytes (the pigment-making cells in the skin) become more active. With waxing, you only need one appointment a month which means less inflammation and even less chance of developing skin discoloration
- You will feel smooth for longer – when you wax, hair takes longer to reach the surface of the skin therefore you will feel smooth for longer.
- You will avoid the risk of nicks and cuts – when you use a razor there is always the risk of getting nicked or cut. With waxing, your skin is less likely to get damaged.
- You will have less chance of ingrown hairs – when you have a professional wax you are less likely to get ingrown hairs. Exfoliation and moisturising also helps minimise this problem.
Survey reveals Londoners like getting a wax!
Londoners have more beauty treatments than people from any other region. They are more likely to be waxed (35%), manicured (46%) and botoxed (24%) than anyone else in the country.
A recent survey revealed that 1 in 50 Londoners like getting a wax. In fact, two out of every five Londoners go for a wax every two weeks, while one in ten submit themselves to the treatment every month.
So, how much does a wax cost in London?
How much does it cost?
The average cost of popular waxing treatments in London are as follows:
- Standard bikini wax – between £20-£40
- Leg waxing – £35
- Underarm waxing – £10
- Arm waxing – £25
So, if you want smoother skin for longer book a professional waxing treatment today!